I have been both drinking Teas and using Them on my face for quite some time now, and the benefits of this habit really just must be shared.
I have used it as a toner, as a scrub, a masque and sometimes even alone as a face wash when I do not have make up that needs to be removed.
All tea, any tea, almost whatever tea.. Yes I will use it.
What I like about It is the refreshed feel, the toned and tightened pores, the regulation of the oil production in those pores, the reduced inflamation and dry up of pimples, and the reduced puffiness in the eye area, and the extra hydration my face can actually feel. Infact, alll of which I can notice a difference enough to tell you about before even referencing my usual text books and notes. The answers are clearly in the results. This is exactly why it is worth using.
I also like that over time, continued use of Tea on your face DOES reverse signs of SUN DAMAGE and some signs of EARLY AGING. In fact, my sunspots have entirely disapeared over the last 2 years though they should have gotten worse. What used to be is no more.
The explained, are just my personally noticeable results. Here is an actual bonified list I have made for you of all the benefits of using tea on your face and skin.
- Controls Acne
- High In Antioxidants
- Fights free Radicals
- Balances Oil Production
- Hydrates Skin
- Reduces Sunspots
- Prevents Premature Aging
- Enhances Effectiveness of Suntan Lotion
- Increases Elasticity & Reduces Fine Lines
- Anti Inflammatory For Puffy Eyes
- Refreshes Skin
- Rejuvenates Skin Cells
- Brightens Skin
- Prevents Cancer
- Renews Skins Healthy Glow
- Strengthens the Skin
- Deep Cleanses The Pores
- Restores Skins Natural PH
- Increases Cell Turnover Rate
- Stimulates Blood Flow and Circulation
- Fixes Past Skin Conditions/ Maintains/ Prevents
That being said, the best way to take care of your skin is from the inside out. And drinking the tea will also help provide all those same benefits to your skin. Think of it like this, when you do both it's like you just doubled down on your skin's health.
Infact drinking tea in your daily routine will also provide you with so many other health benefits, so I have included that list as well
- Boosts Immune System
- Increases Metabolic Rate / Weightloss
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Acts as Anti Inflammatory
- Combats Heart Disease
- Treats Multiple Sclerosis
- Helps With Pain Caused by Arthritis
- Fights Plaque in Arteries
- Prevents Premature Aging
- Prevents Against Collegen Loss
ACTIVE PRINCIPLES IN TEA
AND YOU KNOW I LOVE MY CHLOROPHYLL | XO COLLAGEN | ♡
The TEAS with the HIGHEST HEALTH BENEFITS are;
- GREEN TEA
- MATCHAHaving 10 times the nutrients of regular Green Tea
- WHITE TEABeing the least processed youngest version of the plant. Green in it's adolescence, and black at it's most aged and also processed.
White tea, Green tea, and black tea are all from the same plant, cut at different stages in life.
BREWING THE BEST CUP TO TASTE
Tea steeping is timed as so the tea does not go bitter and become over steeped. I have provided a Tea Steeping Schedule below.
DON'T THROW OUT THAT TEA BAG!
Using a cotton round, dip the round into the glass of tea and proceed to tone beautify and refresh your face with It.
HOW TO | TONER | SCRUB | FACIAL
TONER 2 WAYS
1. Tea Toner 3-4 Days
This can last in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Buy cotton rounds, dip cotton rounds in toner
- Do not rinse face after applying
- You can hover over your eyes with the rounds for longer to further reduce puffiness. You can also keep rounds over your eyes while you relax and take 5 for an even better reduction of puffiness. Just close your eyes and calm.
2. Beauty On The Go
- Bring your Tea Bag to the sink, or better yet, keep a box of tea in the Vanity, Soaps & Creams closet- Turn on the hot water and soak
- Softly wipe and pat the Tea Bag across your face
-Squeeze the tea into one hand and proceed to splash that on your face
- Do not rinse after applying
Do not be afraid of sugar. Sugar is not only an excellent topical exfoliant but it contains something called Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA's). These AHA'S protect us against Sun Damage and have antiaging benefits as well, So this really compliments the benefits of the Tea itself. Last but not least, sugar actually hydrates your skin leaving It feeling moistened while protecting you from those outside elements like pollution and rays!
FACIAL 2 TYPES
1. REGULAR TEA MASQUE • ANY TEA- Using your old Tea bag, or freshly steeped tea, or steeped loose leaves, empty those contents into a small dish.
- Add a heeping tablespoon of honey & stir. Let that steep for 5 minutes.
- spread the mix on your face
- Let sit 10-15 MINUTES
2. MATCHA MASQUE • MY PERSONAL RECOMMENDATIONS • TRY THIS MASQUEThis masque has 10 times the nutrients of regular green tea! It is the most benificial tea to both drink and use for skin care purposes.
- Put 1 Tablespoons MATCHA in a small bowl
- Add 1/2 Tablespoons water and stir into paste
- Spread on entire face
- Let sit 10 minutes & Rinse
SERENITY & ZEN IN A CUP
The wind down routine, rounding off thoughts to perhaps a jagged or high energy day.. Possibly it's time to dot those i's and cross your t's in the list of organisation for the following day.. you could even day dream.. Who knows.. but it's working!
The medicinal values in the teas do there part, but warm temperature itself also calms the nervous system and helps induce a calm relaxed feeling in the body.
So for Zenity and Serenity.. Tea. For Clean glowing Youthful Skin.. Tea. And for Over All Health & Well being.. Tea. Drinking, Washing, scrubbing and spritzing .. Tea.
I found some really cute links for Tea Ettiquette I thought I'd share with you. Yes, Today's BONUS is Tea Party Ettiquette links.. lol, a link or 2 on Toronto's Tea Culture and splash of history link. Can I tell you, I just love this Tea Culture! .. Do you know how obsessed I am with cake? Warmth, tea & cake?!?!???.. Obsessed.
BTW, I JUST LOVE LOVE LOVE PATTISSERIE LA CIGOGNE ON THE DANFORTH ♡http://patisserielacigogne.com/
Don't forget to try this, to die for, MIKADO CAKE, the most beautiful tasting dessert alive! I paired this little slice of Heaven with the Pattisserie LaCigogne's, equally beautiful, creamy & luxurious PURE ENERGY TEA. The pairing is simply delightful. Infact everything on the menu from Lunch, to the teas, to the desserts & Scones have been an absolute delight. If you happrn to stop in for lunch, I suggest trying the Croque Madame.
AFTERNOON TEA ETTIQUETTEhttp://www.afternoontea.co.uk/blog/the-afternoonteacouk-team/afternoon-tea-etiquette-top-10-do's-don'ts/
MORE TEA ETTIQUETTEhttp://www.elegantwoman.org/tea-etiquette.html
HOSTING A TEA PARTYhttp://www.elegantwoman.org/tea-party-ideas.html
BEST AFTERNOON TEAS TORONTO REVIEWhttp://m.toronto.com/articles/best-afternoon-tea-in-toronto/
10 BEST TEA ROOMS TORONTO REVIEWhttp://www.toronto.com/articles/top-10-quaint-tea-rooms-in-toronto/
HISTORY OF TEAhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_tea
TODAY'S ACCESORIESAll the tea and props for today's photo shoot were from Tea & Bloom Tea Room, in Sudbury Ontario. Opening these fresh tea bags this morning just made me so happy and everything just smelled so sweet and sunny, with hints and bursts of the dreamiest of fruitiest flavours! I just couldn't wait to endulge. The flavours in these teas are just so loveable they could make a tea-aholic out of any non tea drinker. If you are ever in Sudbury, stop into the Tea & Bloom where you will surely be more than satisfied with this little diamond in the rough. I will certainly be back to stock up before I leave and return to Toronto as I have yet to find this gorgeousness at home! Try the multi pack!! Every flavour you end up with that you wouldn't have picked, could be your next favourite! They really are that good.
Also my House Coat was from Ardenes. I found it in the Outlet for 7$. I love Ardenes Outlet!
I get my cotton rounds ORGANIC from QUO from Shoppers. Always remember it is always better to go ORGANIC.
I hope you found this peice on TEA useful! Send me your comments! I'd LOVE to hear from you!!!